Bailey's Conveyancing Services
Buying, Selling or Remortgaging your property can be a stressful experience. Whether you are selling a property, buying your first home or moving up the property ladder we can help you to to do it quickly and easily. Moving home should be an exciting time and it doesn't have to be painful. Getting the right legal advice and support at an early stage is essential as buying and selling a home is one of the most important transactions you will face during your lifetime.
We provide an independent and professional approach to residential property to ensure your move goes ahead with the minimum of delay and anxiety. We have the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Assurance Accreditation and we can help you with all your conveyancing needs, including:
- Buying/Selling Houses/Flats
- Grants of residential leases
- Gifts of land
- Equity release
- Right to Buy
- Transferring ownership of your property
Our all inclusive charges for fixed fee conveyancing services
The figures set out in the Ready Reckoner, below, are available exclusively to clients using this website who apply directly to Baileys for a fixed-fee conveyancing quotation. They include our professional fees and all expected expenses such as Search and Land Registry fees associated with a conveyancing transaction. Specifically, there is NO VAT to pay on top. Bank telegraphic transfer fees are included and we do not charge any extra for completing the Stamp Duty Land Tax Return or the Land Registry application or “postages”.
The figures in the Ready Reckoner represent the “bottom line” and there are no hidden extras. A worked example comparing our charges with those of another firm whose conveyancing bill components are listed separately is shown in the table below.
- Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) is payable to HMRC on most Purchase transactions. SDLT is not included in our quotation.
- Where an apartment is sold the Seller is expected to provide the Buyer with a sale pack from the management company or the managing agents. These usually cost in the region of £250.00 plus VAT or sometimes even more. The cost of this pack is not included because we cannot know how much it will be until we see the documents of title. We make no profit on the pack; we merely pass it on to the Buyer's solicitor early on in the sale process.
- We do not charge any extra for paying down the Seller’s existing mortgage but If there is more than one mortgage or charge registered against the property we charge £60.00 extra to settle the second and each further mortgage or charge.
- Where a house changes hands, administration fees are sometimes payable by the Buyer to third parties such as the freeholder. These fees are not included because we cannot know how much (if anything) they are going to be until we see the documents of title.
- Where an apartment changes hands administration fees are always payable by the Buyer to third parties such as the freeholder and/or the management company. These fees are not included because we cannot know how much they will be until we see the documents of title. Frequently, these fees are expensive and flat purchasers are advised to budget up to £500.00 extra in order to pay for them. We make no profit on these fees; we merely pay them over on completion on the buyer’s behalf.
- For newbuild Purchases (Houses and Apartments) the Land Registry fees are double so add £40.00 for Price Band to £100K, £95.00 for Price Band to £200K, £135.00 for Price Band to £500K and £270.00 for Price Band Over £500K